Safeguarding & Child Protection
Across the Avocet Academy Trust, the governors and staff fully recognise the contribution the school makes to safeguarding children. We recognise that the safety and protection of all pupils is of paramount importance and that all staff, including volunteers, have a full and active part to play in protecting pupils from harm. We believe that the school should provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment which promotes all pupils’ social, physical, emotional and moral development.
If you have any concerns regarding the safeguarding of a child please contact:
- Miss Catherine Rivera (Designated Safeguarding Lead/Online Safety Lead, SENDCo & Head of School)
- Miss Chloe Meikle (Designated Safeguarding Lead and Class Teacher)
- Mr James Ratcliffe (Executive Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mr Alistair Smith (Named member of the Local Advisory Board with responsibility for Safeguarding)
The LADO (Local Authority Designated Officer) are Rennie Everett and Dian Campbell.
Local Designated Officers can be contacted via email on LADOCentral@suffolk.gcsx.gov.uk or using the LADO central telephone number 0300 123 2044 for allegations against all staff and volunteers.
Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership: Safeguarding Children
Guidance surrounding the PREVENT Duty - this information is reviewed by the school on a regular basis.
Useful Telephone Numbers
- Childline: 08001111
- Samaritans: 116123
- Domestic Violence Hotline:08082000247
- Mind: 03001233393
- Age UK: 08001696565