Avocet Academy Trust was founded in 2014 with the shared belief that collaboration is the key to success. This belief is adopted at all levels throughout each of the Academy schools.
Our vision centres on the child. The way we ensure everything centres on the child is through our core values:
We believe that this enables children to excel in whatever they do.
Avocet MAT is based on a set of values that determine all actions and decisions made throughout the Trust. All of these values are centered around the children to ensure that they have the perfect platform from which to grow.
With all decisions and actions based around these core values we are able to deliver an education which takes into account the needs of the different pupils, schools and communities in which they serve.
Avocet Academy Local Advisory Boards
Each school within the Academy has an Advisory Board.
The Avocet Board has established five key roles for Advisory Boards:
- To advise/act as a critical friend to the school leader;
- To advise the Trust Board about local issues they need to consider that affect the school;
- Represent the interest of the school community in the running of the school;
- Represent the school in it's community;
- Provide support to the school leader in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential in the life of the school.
The five roles translate specifically into the following tasks that the AB undertakes:
- it acts as a key link between the school, parents and local community;
- it supports the work of the school in the community;
- it supports the school leadership team in the development and implementation of the school development plan and other relevant plans, ensuring that the Avocet ethos remains at the heart of the school community;
- it helps on the ground with the implementation of certain whole Academy and school policies;
- it offers challenging by positive and proactive support to the school leader;
- it regularly reviews the schools performance in relation to the Key Performance Indicators.
For further information relating to the Governance structure at Avocet Academy Schools then please follow this link for further information about the following:
Terms of Reference
Avocet Governance Structure
Advisory Board Handbook
Members of our Local Advisory Board
Jeremy Mead - Chair of Governors
Appointed 2nd September 2020 to 1st September 2021
Rev Graham Hedger - Finance Governor
Mr Alistair Smith - Parent and Safeguarding Governor
Jonathan Duggan - Health and Safety Governor
I live in Easton on our farm with my wife Mary. I am CEO of one of the largest commodity trading companies in the UK trading various commodities worldwide and also a director of a property management company.
My main hobby is collecting , restoring and racing classic sports cars which I race at most major UK race circuits.
I very much enjoy being a board member at Easton Primary school and a director and Trustee of Avocet Academy Trust.
Appointed by the Governing Board 2nd October 2019 to 7th November 2023